The Contract & Compliance Specialist will be responsible for overall risk control assessment, evaluation, consulting, and technical support of risks affecting the business. Providing support, training, and education to staff to build risk awareness within the organization. The Contract & Compliance Specialist is the point of contact for Project Managers, Department Managers, and customers when it comes to providing technical expertise to support strategies related to licensure, insurance, contractual risk transfer for all customer contracts and procurement contracts. The Contract & Compliance Specialist maintains awareness of construction industry trends related to risk management and suggests updates to standard company documents to reflect the industry.
Corporate and Team Support
- Provides risk assessment information on accounts and contracts which may include large and/or special accounts of some complexity.
- Provides risk assessment information on complex accounts to support the underwriting process for prospective, new and renewal accounts and develop Risk Control Recommendation/Business Solutions to minimize identified exposures.
- Conducting audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Makes recommendations on the development and implementation of risk control policy.
- Develops and maintains business relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Develops and conducts education and training to internal project teams.
- Provides expertise in one or more specialty area to both internal and external customers.
- Maintain reports of significant risks and recommendations.
- Prepare applications, summaries of insurance, insurance certificates, and other coverage related documents.
- Completes the application for and maintains required documentation for various contractors’ licenses throughout the country.
- Maintains records and advises staff on required continuing education requirements/opportunities related to licenses.
- Performs review of contract documents and identifies sections with disproportionate risk.
- Aids in development for contractual riders.
- Request Notice of Commencements for projects.
- File necessary Notice of Furnishings and Liens on identified projects.
- Request Bid, Payment and Performance Bonds from Surety.
- Reviews external Non-Disclosure Agreements for reasonableness and maintains records of corporately issued NDA’s.
- Requests project specific Certificates of Insurance in compliance with Contract Documents.
- Reviews external subcontractor’s Certificates of Insurance for compliance with corporate standards.
- Create policies, procedures, and control assessments in response to identified risks.
- Understands and adheres to company policies.
- Understands and supports Bouma Guiding Principles.
- Work has a professional level of quality consistent with Bouma’s Goals.
- Maintains a high level of integrity in all relationships.
- Understands when it is appropriate to bring in the service or technical expertise of our specialists.
- Establishing and quantifying the organization’s “risk appetite”.
- May be responsible for special projects.
- This position is reporting to the President/VP of Finance.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Advanced technical and product specific expertise, risk control evaluation and assessment skills and knowledge of insurance and risk control principles, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to effectively interact and build rapport with internal and external business partners.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize multiple concurrent assignments. Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and issues.
- Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
- Ability to achieve results by taking a proactive long-term view of business goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
- Professional documentation and communication.