The legacy of the Bouma Corporation dates back to 1950 when brothers John and Paul Bouma began the Bouma Tile Company in Southwest Michigan. A small loan from their parents allowed the brothers to grow their business, excelling in both residential and commercial interiors. To this day we still follow the guiding principles they established and continue to embody them in every project we complete.
As one of our guiding principles, safety is at the forefront of all that we do. Safety education and planning are a main priority at every level of our organization. In-depth planning takes place both internally and with our clients to identify and eliminate or control potential hazards on every job. We are continuously looking for ways to improve safety and compliance with regulatory guidelines.
Quality is prioritized in our work. The Bouma Corporation uses state-of-the art materials and equipment in order to meet a project’s bottom line and deliver on budget. We pride ourselves on the knowledge and experience our multi-generational team brings to each job.
In addition to the wisdom from our experienced employees, we share our lessons learned throughout the organization to improve the safety, efficiency, and quality of our work. Our Continuous Improvement team meets regularly to discuss and test new ways for our team to leverage technology to improve the services we provide.
In order to make a difference in the lives of those in our community, The Bouma Corporation provides support for several local organizations. In addition to our participation in educational construction programs, we also donate time, resources, and supplies to numerous charities throughout the state.
We are extremely grateful to have been recognized for our expertise.
- 2021 Top 600 Specialty Contractors
- 2020 Top 600 Specialty Contractors
- 2019 Top 600 Specialty Contractors
ABC Western Michigan Awards
- 2019 Embassy Suites Downtown Grand Rapids
- 2018 Calvary Church
- 2017 Davenport University – Maine College of Business
- 2016 Western Michigan University – Heritage Hall Alumni Center
- 2015 Mercy Health St. Mary’s Hospital Cafeteria
- 2014 Grand Valley State University Mary Idema Pew Library
- 2013 Grand Valley State University Seidman Business School
- 2012 Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse in Amway Grand Plaza
- 2011 Spectrum Health Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital
- 2010 Van Andel Institute Phase II Expansion
- 2010 ABC Western Michigan Safety Contractor of the Year
- 2007 Gentex Corporation Headquarters
- 2006 ABC Western Michigan Safety Contractor of the Year
- 2006 Hope College Martha Miller Center
- 2005 Radisson Plaza Webster’s Restaurant
- 2005 Spectrum Health Meijer Heart Center
- 2004 Western Michigan University College of Engineering
- 2003 Grand Valley State University Cook DeVos Center for Health Sciences
- 2000 Iserv Corporation Office
- 1999 Windquest Corporation Offices
- 1998 Spectrum Industries Offices
- 1997 Hope College Haworth Conference Center
- 1996 Haworth Corporation Headquarters
- 1992 RDV Corporation Offices
- 1992 Zondervan Publishing Headquarters
- 1991 Harvey Lexus Dealership
- 1989 Steelcase Development Center
- 1988 Crown Cadillac Dealership